Part of our Weicon Crack Testing Kit, Weicon Crack Testing Agent Developer Spray is used after the penetrant to make the identification of problems with a surface easy. This spray is white in colour and able to be used with all types of metal, ceramic and glass as well as most types of plastic (compatibility should be checked in advance for sensitive types).
Together, the Weicon Crack Testing Agent Kit allows for non-destructive material testing. It is widely used for highly stressed metal parts such as those found on cranes, trucks, rollingstock, marine craft, lab equipment and in the aerospace sector.
This developing agent has been engineered in Germany and is very effective. Combined with the extremely sensitive penetrant, it allows you to easily find any fissures or cracks before they become a major problem.
Our Weicon Crack Testing Agent Developer is available from Associated Gaskets separately or as part of our Weicon Crack Testing Agent Kit. It is supplied in 500ml aerosol cans.
Instructions for Use
The information below outlines the use instructions for the entire Crack Testing Agent Kit. The parts the cleaner plays in the entire process are highlighted. The video above also shows the cleaners role in the process.
1. Parts that are going to be tested for cracks should first be cleaned thoroughly with Weicon Crack Testing Agent Cleaner. Any fat, oil or other types of contamination must be removed. After application of the cleaner, allow the surfaces to dry. Flaws have to be open toward the surface.
2. Apply Weicon Crack Testing Agent Penetrant to the clean and dry surface and allow to react for 5-10 minutes. Apply only in an environment between 0°C and +50°C.
3. Remove any excess penetrant from the surface with a lint free cloth that is slightly moistened with Crack Testing Agent Cleaner Spray.
4. Spray on the Weicon Crack Testing Agent Developer from about 20cm away. Only spray enough developer to produce a white background on the surface. Too much developing agent can cover fine cracks and make them hard to notice.Cracks and flaws will become visible as red lines and dots after a shot amount of time. Perform a final visual assessment after 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove any remaining developer or penetrant spray with Crack Testing Agent Cleaner. Wipe away with a clean cloth if required.