Part of the Weicon Crack Testing Kit, our Weicon Crack Testing Agent Cleaner Spray is a fast, effective cleaner specially designed for preparing surfaces for testing and cleaning up afterwards.
This spray on cleaner is designed to be material-neutral and is colourless. It can be used with many different types of materials including metal, ceramic, glass and most plastics (suitability should be checked first for sensitive types).
Our Crack Testing Agent Cleaner can be used in temperatures between 0°C and 50°C. Importantly, after it cleans, it evaporates away without leaving behind any residues which could interfere with the crack testing process.
This effective, easy to use cleaning spray is available from Associated Gaskets separately or as part of our Weicon Crack Testing Agent Kit. It is supplied in 500ml aerosol cans.
Instructions for Use
The information below outlines the use instructions for the entire Crack Testing Agent Kit. The parts the cleaner plays in the entire process are highlighted. The video above also shows the cleaners role in the process.
1. Parts that are going to be tested for cracks should first be cleaned thoroughly with Weicon Crack Testing Agent Cleaner. Any fat, oil or other types of contamination must be removed. After application of the cleaner, allow the surfaces to dry. Flaws have to be open toward the surface.
2. Apply Weicon Crack Testing Agent Penetrant to the clean and dry surface and allow to react for 5-10 minutes. Apply only in an environment between 0°C and +50°C.
3. Remove any excess penetrant from the surface with a lint free cloth that is slightly moistened with Crack Testing Agent Cleaner Spray.
4. Spray on the Weicon Crack Testing Agent Developer from about 20cm away. Only spray enough developer to produce a white background on the surface. Too much developing agent can cover fine cracks and make them hard to notice.Cracks and flaws will become visible as red lines and dots after a shot amount of time. Perform a final visual assessment after 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove any remaining developer or penetrant spray with Crack Testing Agent Cleaner. Wipe away with a clean cloth if required.