Part of our Weicon Crack Testing Kit, Weicon Crack Testing Agent Penetrant Spray is highly effective and easy to use. This red diffusion spray effectively finds and penetrates into and cracks, holes or fissures in a surface to allow for easy identification of issues through the subsequent use of the developer.
Together, the Weicon Crack Testing Agent Kit allows for non-destructive material testing. It is widely used for highly stressed metal parts such as those found on cranes, trucks, rollingstock, marine craft, lab equipment and in the aerospace sector.
The Penetrating Spray is red in colour and has been engineered in Germany to find even the tiniest of cracks. It can be used in temperatures between 0°C and +50°C and can be cleaned away with Weicon Crack Testing Agent Cleaner after testing is complete.
This spray is available from Associated Gaskets separately or as part of our Weicon Crack Testing Agent Kit. It is supplied in 500ml aerosol cans.
Instructions for Use
The information below outlines the use instructions for the entire Crack Testing Agent Kit. The parts the cleaner plays in the entire process are highlighted. The video above also shows the cleaners role in the process.
1. Parts that are going to be tested for cracks should first be cleaned thoroughly with Weicon Crack Testing Agent Cleaner. Any fat, oil or other types of contamination must be removed. After application of the cleaner, allow the surfaces to dry. Flaws have to be open toward the surface.
2. Apply Weicon Crack Testing Agent Penetrant to the clean and dry surface and allow to react for 5-10 minutes. Apply only in an environment between 0°C and +50°C.
3. Remove any excess penetrant from the surface with a lint free cloth that is slightly moistened with Crack Testing Agent Cleaner Spray.
4. Spray on the Weicon Crack Testing Agent Developer from about 20cm away. Only spray enough developer to produce a white background on the surface. Too much developing agent can cover fine cracks and make them hard to notice.Cracks and flaws will become visible as red lines and dots after a shot amount of time. Perform a final visual assessment after 5-10 minutes.
5. Remove any remaining developer or penetrant spray with Crack Testing Agent Cleaner. Wipe away with a clean cloth if required.