Weicon Easy-Mix RK-7000 Construction Adhesive is a premium quality, 2 part adhesive that is highly viscous, provides outstanding bond strength and is impact resistant with good residual elasticity. Easy-Mix RK-7000 is particularly suited for the bonding of plastics though it also exhibits good compatibility with a variety of metals, wood, ceramics and other materials.
Key Features of Easy-Mix RK-7000
- High tensile strength
- Fast curing
- High sheer and peel strength
- Excellent adhesion to plastics and other materials
- Good chemical and weather resistance
- Can be used indoors or outdoors
- Grindable and overpaintable
- Withstands long-term temperatures between -55ºC and 125ºC
- Can withstand short-term (30 minutes approx.) exposure to up to 180ºC
This universal adhesive is used in a wide variety of applications that require wide material compatibility coupled with high bond strength. These include:
- Plastics engineering
- Metal construction
- Fastening technology
- Wood processing
- Car, truck, trailer and boat body repairs and construction
- Machine building
- Electrical engineering
- Container construction
- Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning
- Model and mould construction
- General facility repair work
|Colour after Curing||Creamy White, Milky|
|Density of the Mixture||0.98 – 1.02 g/cm³|
|Pot Life at 20ºC||15 min. approx.|
|Handling Strength (35%)||40 min. approx.|
|60 min. approx.|
|Final Strength (100%)||12 hrs approx.|
ISO 527 (max.)
|Shore Hardness D
(Din EN ISO 868)
|-55ºC to +125ºC|
|Average Strength (20ºC) according to DIN 53281-83|
|on FVK (3mm)||GRP 9 N/mm²|
|on Plastics (0.76mm)||PVC 17 N/mm²|
|on Aluminium (0.26mm)||21 N/mm²|
|on Bright Steel (0.26mm)||19 N/mm²|
|on Stainless Steel (0.26mm)||17 N/mm²|
|on PMMA (0.76mm)||18 N/mm²|
Weicon Easy-Mix RK-7000 Construction Adhesive is available in two different size packs from Associated Gaskets: 24ml and 50ml.
The 24ml double syringe pack ensures that both parts (A&B) of the Easy-Mix RK-7000 are delivered in the correct proportions for use. They can then be mixed via one of the following methods:
- One bead directly on top of the other (“bead to bead”). Parts are then joined with slight rotating motions so that the two components are mixed.
- By mixing both components on one of the surfaces to be bonded. This method will best ensure proper mixing and therefore highest bond strength.
The 50ml double cartridge utilises the special Weicon Easy-Mix dosing system so that both parts of the adhesive are properly mixed by the time they reach the end of the syringe and make contact with the surface to be bonded. This allows for absolute certainty in mixing and significant labour savings if RK-7000 is being used in serial production.
For more information on processing guidelines (including surface preparation) please consult the SDS for this product.
Additional Information and Resources
Adhesive Finder Tool
Unsure if this adhesive is suitable for your application? Try Weicon’s handy Adhesive Finder tool!