A premium quality epoxy adhesive made from aluminium filled epoxy resin. Our Aluminium Minute Adhesive is almost odourless and cures fast at room temperature with almost zero shrinkage.
Once cured, this light grey (aluminium) coloured epoxy glue will have set hard and can be drilled, filed or milled if needed. It will also withstand temperatures between -50°C and +120°C (as well as short-term spikes to 150°C).
Made in Germany, this glue has a pasty consistency and won’t drip. It can be applied to vertical or horizontal surfaces. It is used for a number of different applications including bonding of aluminium and other metals as well as filling cracks and holes on aluminium housings.
- Pasty consistency for gap filling
- Almost odourless
- Very short pot life (4-5 minutes)
- Fast curing
- High peel and impact strength
- Can be machined (e.g. grinding, filing, drilled) after cure
- Aluminium / light grey in colour
This premium quality adhesive achieves handling strength (35% of final) after about 25 minutes, mechanical strength (50% of final) after about 2 hours and will be fully cured in around 24 hours (all based on 20ºC conditions).
Weicon Fast-Metal Minute Adhesive is used for covering gaps between 0.2mm and 4mm and, once cured, has a hardness of approximately 45 Shore D.
Weicon Aluminium Minute Adhesive Material Compatibility
|Metals (Aluminium, Cast Iron, Brass, Stainless Steel, etc…)||++|
|Hard Plastics* (e.g. Rigid PVC)||+|
|Fibre Reinforced Plastics
(e.g. GRP, CFRP, Fibreglass)
|Wood (Hardwood and Softwood)||+|
|Timber Products (e.g. Plywood)||+|
|Stone (E.g. Marble, Granite, Brick, Concrete)||+|
++ Highly Suitable
– Not Suitable
* Except for plastics such as polyethylene, polypropylene, polyacetal, polytetrafluroethylene (PTFE) and other fluorinated hydrocarbons with naturally adhesive rejecting surfaces. Within the framework of the above types recommendations, bonding of dissimilar materials pairs (such as metals and hard plastics) is possible.
Weicon Aluminium Minute Adhesive is available from Associated Gaskets in 24ml double syringe packs.
This glue does not come with a mixing nozzle as standard. Quadro Mixing Nozzles are available separately if desired.
Adhesive Finder Tool
Unsure if this adhesive is suitable for your application? Try Weicon’s handy Adhesive Finder tool!