Plastiseal F Sealing Compound is a highly effective joint sealing compound designed to increasing the sealing performance of metallic and non-metallic gaskets in applications with operating temperatures that range up to 871ºC. Supplied in paste form (which can be thinned with water when required), Plastiseal F is a “gasket goo” like product which will not shrink, harden or become brittle over time.
When exposed to heat, Plastiseal F will expand to fill any voids in a flange face not taken up by the primary gasket. It will not emit toxic fumes when heated and resists attack from a range of industrial solvents, synthetic lubricating oils and gasoline. It should not be used in applications with water as this will thin the paste.
Key Benefits of Plastiseal F:
- Impervious to solvents or corrosive action of synthetic lubricating oils, gasoline and similar fuels.
- Does not shrink, harden or become brittle in application.
- Easy to apply water soluble past is unaffected by alternating freezing and thawing conditions.
- Does not give off toxic fumes when heated to operating temperature.
- Unique formula expands under heat to ensure tight joint.
- Tested and approved by General Electric and the U.S. Government
AG offers Plastiseal F sealing compound in convenient, 1 lb tins.