3M Scotchfil Electrical Insulating Putty is a specialised compound that is versatile and easy to use. Supplied in something akin to tape form, this putty is used as a build-up compound on irregular surfaces to create a smooth surface that is ready for taping.
ScotchFil Insulating Putty is soft, pliable and can be easily pressed into place to fill voids and gaps. It can be shaped and moulded by hand and requires no special tools to apply. If applied in multiple layers, 3M ScotchFill Putty will fuse to form a single, homogeneous mass. This will be weather and waterproof and provide a good seal.
This quality electrical insulation material is UL recognised as a splice insulation for electrical conductors at temperatures up to 80°C when overwrapped with either Super 33+ or Super 88 Vinyl Electrical Tape. Scotchfil Putty can be used in conjunction with Scotchrap Primer and a range of other 3M Tapes.
- Insulation for low voltage connections (600 volts and less).
- To round out high voltage connections to gear.
- For smoothing out bus bar irregularities.
- Formation of resin dams in resin pressure splices.
- To produce a moisture seal at ground wire exit in high-voltage splices.
- Moisture seals for multi-conductor cable connections.
- To build up cable splices and fill out irregularities and voids in low-voltage splices in order to obtain a uniform base for further taping (2300 volts and less)
3M Scotchfil Putty is 3.18mm thick and available in 38mm wide x 1.5m long rolls. For more information or to enquire, please contact your local AG Branch.