As part of our ongoing efforts to increase and improve on the information we present on our products, AG is pleased to announce the addition of two important grade of construction adhesives to our website: Weicon RK-1300 and RK-1500 Construction Adhesive. These fast-curing construction adhesives offer a vast arrange of benefits coupled with consistent, high quality performance.
They allow high-strength bonding of different materials:
- Metals (coated and uncoated) such as steel, aluminium, copper, zinc, alloys and ferrites.
- Plastics* including ABS, polystyrene, hard PVC, polycarbonate, polyphenylene oxide and polyester moulding compounds.
- Fibre composite materials such as GRP, CRP and fibreglass.
- Wood and cellulose materials.
- Glass, ceramics and stone.
*Polyamide, PTFE, polyolefin may only be bonded after special surface treatment.
They protect the surfaces that need to be joined by:
- Eliminating the need for conventional fasteners.
- Automatically forming a leak-proof coating upon curing which prevents fretting corrosion.
- Eliminating thermal or mechanical stresses on the material during the joining process.
- Not changing the material surface (unlike welding or soldering).
- Ensuring that no contact corrosion is formed when joining different metals.
Are versatile, reliable and very easy to use:
- Though 2-part adhesives, they require no-mixing.
- Achieve a quick and high initial bond strength.
- Feature excellent residual elasticity and impact resistance.
- Can be used in a wide range of temperatures.
- Exhibit excellent resistance to ageing.
- Possess excellent chemical resistance.
Both the liquid Weicon RK-1300 Construction Adhesive and the pasty RK-1500 adhesive are available from AG in a variety of different pack types and sizes. More info on these construction adhesives, as well as availability of the RK activator, is available on the product pages for each grade, in the Weicon Construction Adhesive Brochure, or by contacting your local Associated Gaskets branch.