Weicon Allround Lubricant AL-W is a strong bonding and high pressure resistant grease manufactured from a combination of specialised calcium soap, MoS2 and mineral oil. This long lasting grease is designed specifically for the lubrication and corrosion protection of stressed parts and can even be used underwater.
Weicon Allround Lubricant AL-W provides effective protection against aggressive liquids (salt water, sewage water) in both maritime environments and wet plants and areas. Beige in colour, Weicon AL-W is abbreviated as KPL 1-2 E-25 under DIN 51502 and has a DIN 5181 consistency assignment of NLGI-Class 1-2.
Utilised in applications where temperatures are between -25ºC and 80ºC, Weicon Allround Lubricant AL-W is a versatile lubricant that is suitable for greasing and protecting a range of different equipment types. These include:
- Roller and sliding bearings as well as in mixed friction operation
- Pivoted bearings, levers, sliding guides, spindles, spline shafts
- Open gears (e.g. gear rims)
- work gears, chains at all sliding speeds allowed using grease lubrication
More generally, Weicon Allround Lubricant is often used for the lubrication and corrosion protection of moving parts in areas such as:
- On board cranes and lifting gears, offshore components
- Busbars and distributors
- Skip and trailer units
- Shipyard supplier components
- For all rolling and sliding bearings in water pumps, water turbines, lock gates and more
AG offers this high quality lubricating grease in 400gm cartridges, 1kg tins and both 5kg and 25kg buckets.
As with any lubricant, the following influential factors of tribological systems and their complex interactions must be taken into account when selecting the appropriate Weicon Allround Lubricant for your application. These considerations include:
- Design Specifications
e.g. type of material, surface properties, geometry of the components
- Mechanical Stress
e.g. speed, vibration, pressure
- Environmental Influences
e.g. temperature, vibration, pressure