Sigraflex® Hochdruck is a high strength, high performance multilayered gasket material manufactured from 0.5mm thick layers of high quality graphite that are reinforced with 0.05mm thick stainless steel foil. Available in a range of thicknesses, this construction is repeated so that several layers of graphite and stainless steel are joined using a specially designed process to create the target thickness.
Sigraflex Hochdruck combines high temperature resistance with outstanding pressure resistance to create a gasket material that can withstand even the most extreme conditions. This material is often used in applications where temperatures are expected to be between -250ºC and 400ºC, and in some situations, up to 500ºC (though a decision on suitability for applications over 400ºC should only be made in consultation with AG).
As a premium quality reinforced graphite gasket material, Sigraflex Hochdruck boasts a variety of different features and advantages. These include:
- Very high pressure resistance
- High blow out resistance
- High rigidity, excellent resistance to buckling
- Offers long term stability over a wide temperature range
- Does not become brittle with age as there are no binders or adhesives used in its construction
- Good scratch resistance and an anti-stick finish
- Excellent resistance to thermal shock
- Excellent chemical resistance
Due to this wide variety of features and benefits, Sigraflex Hochdruck is employed in a range of applications in a number of different industries. Some examples of these include:
- Gaskets for pipework and equipment in the chemical and petro-chemical industries, particularly in areas that are sealing hot and/or corrosive media
- Steam pipework
- Heat transfer oil and heating facilities
- Gaskets for inspection glasses, pumps, fittings and vessels
- Head gaskets and engine gaskets for automotive applications
AG is proud to offer this high quality material in a number of different sheet sizes and thicknesses. Stock is held of both 1500mm² and 1000mm² sheets both of which are available in thicknesses ranging from 1mm to 4mm.
In addition to this large stock holding of standard sheets, AG is also able to offer cut gaskets from this high quality material. Our highly precise water-cutting equipment is used to produce Sigraflex Hochdruck gaskets to suit all standard flange sizes and can also be utilised to produce gaskets for custom sized flanges and fittings. These can be produced quickly with minimal setup and no minimum order quantity.
For large flanges, AG also offers segmented gaskets that can be assembled and fitted on site. Special dovetailed joins are added to the each segment to enable reliable joins that will not compromise the sealability of the gasket.